24 February 2013

Juggling...

My mum is hospitalised again since Friday night. The foot that got bitten is swollen again, down to the toes. And the colour is bluish. The doctor said there's virus infection. Today is Sunday and she is not yet discharged.

Hopefully she will be discharged tomorrow. But even if she is discharged, she won't be able to walk around with that swollen foot. I will take emergency leave for one or two days and help around the house until my mum gets better.

On a different note, since Kimura Takuya's Priceless ended, I haven't followed any Japanese or Korean dramas. I have been reading mangas a lot. I am into yaoi right now; somehow in manga world, love between 2 men seems so sweet and romantic to me.

Anyway, starting earlier this month I have been following a new Japanese drama called Biblia Koshodou no Jikan Techou (Antiquarian Bookshop Biblia's Case Files) starring Akira (he was Onizuka sensei in GTO 2012) and Gouriki Ayame (I saw her before in IS) as the owner of Biblia, an antique bookshop and a walking encylopedia of books and literature. Gouriki and Akira's characters solved mysteries and problems with antique/classic books as the main clue. It is so different from the other Japanese detective series I have ever watched and I really love how Gouriki character used her knowledge/expertise on classic books to solve the mysteries. The series is currently on air in Japan.

And yesterday I have started following a new Korean drama as well. It is called That Winter, The Wind Blows starring Jo In Sung and Song Hye-kyo. The series is based on  a Japanese drama called I Don't Need Love, Summer which was aired in 2002. I found from internet search that previously the Koreans have also made a movie based on the same Japanese drama. I am also currently watching the original Japanese drama. Not because I want to compare but just because I also want to know what the story is in the original version. Surely there will be variations between the 2 versions. Of course the actors in the Korean version are more handsome/beautiful, but at the moment I like both versions.

Now what I REALLY want to talk about is Jo In Sung. Before I watched this drama, I never knew him. He is so delicious to look at in this drama. Not only that, I think he acts really well. Now I discovered that this is his comeback drama after 7 years. My heart went doki doki everytime I watched his scenes.

Sigh! Ji Sung is gonna make me mellow and yellow for the weeks to come! Move over, Wheesung, Top, Hyun Bin, Hyun Woon, Sakuragi, Kabu, Ji Ho and Ren! You guys need to make some space for Ji Sung in my heart!

No comments: