14 February 2013

Blue

After the long CNY weekend, I got back to work with a sinking feeling. That is how much I hate my job now. It is the same thing over and over again. Yes I just got promoted, but I guess it is only because my boss wants to keep me here longer. But for the past few weeks I've been getting scolding from her almost on a daily basis. Leave me feeling less and less motivated day by day.

I got scolded for everything that's happening in the office. If a staff made mistakes or missed deadlines, I got scolded too. I guess I deserved that because I am the manager after all.

And with the promotion, now there are added responsibilities but over all I am still doing the same thing. I am seriously bored with this job. Told her 2 years ago and also last year that I want to leave because I want to do something new. Then suddenly this promotion landed on my lap. But why give me this promotion if she doesn't think I deserve it?

Today I got scolded again and this time she asked me to think whether I want to take on the added responsibilities. The answer is plain and obvious to me right now but not because I cannot handle the extra responsibilities. All this while I have handled whatever it was that she threw at me... She still does. The answer is plain and obvious because I am really really bored with this job. I want to do new things. I want to work within a new environment. I want to meet new people. I want to learn and experience something new. Hell I have been with the same company since 2006 and have been doing the same job since 2005!

I seriously need to take action and control my life!!

On a different note, yesterday I finally ordered the cross trainer. *highfivetoself* I received an email from Fitness Concept today that my order is being process.

Meantime, my sister called me this morning and told me that my mum got bitten by something at the beach. The doctor suspected that it was a water snake. But thank God it is not serious. Her blood tests came out good so far but the doctor admitted her to the ward for tonight to monitor her just in case. I wanted to cry when I called her just now but I forced myself not too. She said I dont need to go there but just pray for her speedy recovery. She was still in pain at the foot where she was bitten.

The good thing is that my siblings are all there but, God forbid, if her conditions get worst, I will fly to Penang tomorrow. I'll pack a bag just in case.

No comments: