18 February 2013

Baby Steps

I could say that the weekend up until today is quite eventful. Lets start with the bad stuff first...

I just found out today that one of my uncles (my dad's younger brother) suffered a stroke last week. I still don't know how bad it was. Dramas unfolded when 2 of my cousins from my dad's side started posting stuff at facebook - giving the impression that my dad, along with his other brothers in Penang and Perak, do not care about this sick brother and about my grandmother (paternal) who is senile. The thing is no one told my dad anything about his brother until he got to Penang. My uncle in Penang told my dad and he also found out that day itself. As for my grandma, everybody knows she is senile but nobody (except me and my siblings) knows how many times my dad and mum persuaded her to come live with us. What I don't get is why the hell my uncle who lives 3 doors away from my grandma did not contact my dad at all about the sick brother? I really want to know. As for my cousins who wrote on facebook, what they did just show how shallow their mentality is.

Okay. Now for the good stuff...

My mum can walk now. She is doing better and I hope she will fully recover soon.

And as promised, here she is! Arrived on Saturday when I was on the way back from Seremban. Thank God my aunt was home when Fitness Concept delivered her. I tried it for the first time on Saturday night. I surrendered after 2km and 15 minutes! Obviously I haven't exercised for a longggg time and my energy level is very low! Today I managed 3km for 18 minutes. I think that's an improvement! Ganbatte q(^o^)p

And here are some photos from my belated birthday lunch with the girls. I got a delicious birthday ribs instead of a birthday cake! And I love my presents!!

Lovely!!!

No comments: