26 April 2013

Seoul Finally!! ^o^ [7]

Today is our last day in Seoul.

We woke up late and was out of the guesthouse by 11.45 a.m. in search of lunch. Today was an easy breezy day... walking and shopping around Myeondong. We decided to have lunch at that place that sells fried rice and paejon. Jan's friend, Karen, joined us at the restaurant after we finished eating. She is Filipino but lives and works in Canada with her family. She's here with a group of friends for holiday like Jan and me.

After lunch we walked around Myeondong. I bought another cap from Hats-on shop, this time for my brother as souvenir. Then I bought some stuff from Tony Moly, a Korean brand beauty and skincare product. There are a lot of local brand beauty and skincare shops and all of them are endorsed/modelled by top Korean actors/idols. I think I saw like 5 Tony Moly shops in Myeondong shopping area alone!

After we parted ways with Karen, we walked some more and found a shop called Art Box that sells cute stuff like stationeries, bags, organisers, t-shirts, etc. I bought a small travelling bag, a toothbrush holder, a birthday card and a cute umbrella there. Art Box is that kind of shop where you cannot leave without buying anything.

Our next stop in Myeondong was the Cat Cafe. That place sells coffee, tea and other beverages and while you enjoy your drinks, you can pet and play with the cats in the cafe. The cats were so well behaved and very playful. I had a great time there!

Afterwards, we went back to the guesthouse and started packing. Jan bought a lot of stuff!! Yesterday she bought another 10kg for her airline luggage. Well, she has a big family so souvenirs alone took a lot of luggage space. Not to mention the bottled drinks and magazines she bought here. Hopefully there will be no excess baggage at the airport tomorrow.

We went out to Myeondong again after that in search of dinner. We went to Myeondong's Nipong Naepong (I hope I got the name right!!) that sells fusion Italian dishes. Tonight we had sweet potato pizza and Italian pong. The Italian pong is like carbonara but a bit spicy with more gravy. It was delicious!

We walked back to the guesthouse with a heavy heart, knowing that tonight is our last night in Seoul. I really hope I could come back here again and visit more places.

I will miss Seoul very much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I
thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are
going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!



my web blog; Abercrombie