25 April 2013

Seoul Finally!! ^o^ [7]

We spent our 6th day in Seoul with a spring shower in the morning. Luckily, by the time we left the guesthouse, the downpour had reduced to drizzles. I chose to wear the new Nii sweater I bought at Lotte World yesterday. It is a vibrant yellow colour which was a contrast to the gloomy morning.

Our first stop was Naksan park which is at the top of a hill. I felt embarrassed to the ahjussis and ahjummas who confidently strode/jogged up the hill whilst Jan and I were huffing and puffing our slow ascend to the park. Thank God the rain stopped when we got there in Naksan and we got occassional peek of the sun when we were there.

Naksan park was simply breathtaking even though most of the flowers planted on the flowerbeds along the path were still not blooming. But almost all trees are blooming with flowers which made our journey up to the top of the park most worth it! The view from the top of the park was also very pretty.

From the top of Naksan park, we walked down towards Ihwa Village where we found murals on walls and stairs. It was very nice!

After Naksan and Ihwa Village, we kinda lost our way to the subway station. Hence, we asked direction from the policeman who was sitting in the police car. Instead of giving us direction, he gave us a ride in the police car towards the station! What an experience! I have never ridden in a police car before and my first experience was in Seoul! I think the policeman found it hard to give us directions in English; hence, the free ride in the police car ^^

We continued our journey to Insadong.... A place for art and culture lovers. We stopped at the mall there called Ssamziegil and I found this little shop that sells porcelain music box. The unique thing about this shop is you can choose the design of the music box and the song to play in the music box. I finally found the perfect gift for Oni (my sister), who is celebrating her birthday this 30th. I choose a design with cats because Oni loves cat and the music is La Vie en Rose. I hope she likes it. After shopping in Ssamziegil, we walked some more and found a big shop that sells Korean handcraft product. Here, I bought  handmade handbag for my mum and a fan for my sister. The ahjumma who sold the handbag to me kept saying that I am a good daughter since I told her that I was buying it for my mum! ^^ I also like the fan I bought for Adik (my youngest sister) with beautiful and yet simple design. I hope both Mama and Adik will like what I bought them!

And to my surprise, Jan bought me a pair of silver earrings from the shop too. It is a simple flower design which I can wear everyday. I really love it! I should buy something for Jan too, I guess! :)

So, that's our adventure today. Tomorrow is our last day! I wish we could stay here longer!!

No comments: