21 April 2013

Seoul Finally!! ^o^ [3]

Day 2 in Seoul.

I woke up quite late... around 8.40 a.m. After breakfast, we went to Namsan Tower. The walk from our guesthouse to the elevator that would take us to the cable car was about 5 minutes away. Very convenient, isn't it?

The best thing today is that the weather was nice although it was still cold. The view from Namsan Tower was breathtaking. From up there, Seoul doesn't have significant amount of skyscrapers but that is definitely not a bad thing in my view. It is still a fun and interesting city.

We started our Namsan activity by visiting the Teddy Bear Museum. Those cuddly and cute little teddies are dressed and positioned to depict the various history and culture of Korea. You can't help but uuhhhs and aaahhhhss at the various levels of cuteness those teddies showed you.

Afterwards, we went to the observation deck to see Seoul from the tower. Like I said earlier, the view is breathtaking. I wonder if Kuala Lumpur tower will give me such viewing pleasure too? I must go there when I get back to KL!

Then, we went down to one deck where people put locks at the deck's railing. Mostly by couples or lovers. I guess it is a symbol of two hearts locked together.

After Namsan, we took the subway to search for an ahjumma restaurant that supposedly sell monster paejon. We found it! Despite the language barrier, Jan managed to order what we want. The dubu kimchi and monster paejon were delicious. It could actually feed more than 2 people!

After eating, we went to the house in Coffee Prince drama which is now a cafe. It was up a hill. Thank God we took a taxi! I don't know how Jan and I would get up there if we didn't! The coffee is great but a little bit pricey. But you won't regret going there because the place comes with a nice view. I wish someday I would be able to drink coffee there with my boyfriend! :)

From there, we took a taxi to a subway station and took a train to Hangang Park. The cherry blossoms there were awesome!! There people riding bicycles along the park, people having picnic... General that's where you get to have fun! Jan and I took the cruise along the Han river and we sang and giggled like a couple of school children along the cruise. Despite the super cold weather, we braved it and stayed on the observation deck. It was worth it because the lights and water show from the Rainbow Bridge was awesome!

Despite our tired feet and our cold chattering teeth, we continued our adventure to search for dinner. This time at Sindang where the famous Toppoki Town is at. From the subway, we walked for about 10 minutes and arrived at the famous ahjumma restaurant. Like I said before, don't ask me the name cos I'm suck at remembering it. In any event, despite the fact that it was almost 9.30pm, the place was packed with people who wanted to eat hot and delicious toppoki. We ordered for two but it could actually feed more than 2 people! And it was only 11,000 won! So worth it!

We took a cab back from Sindang but because of language barrier, the taxi ahjussi dropped us quite far from our place. By the time we arrived at the guesthouse, I was already too tired to speak!

Anyway, another great day and great adventure in Seoul. I had fun and can't wait to explore more. But first, I need to recharge my battery... ^_^v

No comments: