31 December 2005

Langkawi, The Island Of Dreams







Hi! How is everybody? I bet everyone is counting down for the new year at this moment.

But, before we go on about the coming 2006 (any minutes now), here are some pictures taken during my trip to Langkawi Island. My family and I had the most wonderful and fun time in Langkawi.

After seeing and experiencing the island, I am now proud to say that Langkawi is indeed one of the most beautiful islands in the world! The people are warm and friendly, the food are delicious, and the scenery are simply gorgeous! I would definitely go and visit Langkawi again.

We stayed at the Langkasuka Resort, only five minutes away from the Langkawi Airport. Quite a nice resort with it's own private beach.

On our first day, after checking in at the hotel, we when out for a quick tour at Pekan Kuah, the main town of Langkawi. We cruised around the duty free shops and had a quick look around the gift and souvenirs shops there. In the afternoon, we went back to the hotel and swam at the private beach.

On the next day, we went to Langkawi Oriental Park. They have a rabbit farm, a deer farm, a few sourvenir shops and restaurants. The main attraction is the cable car, which is the longest one in the world. The cable car will take you up to the highest hill in Langkawi. The view from up there was spectacular! Took my breath away! The most beautiful combination of the colours blue, white and green... in all shades!

The night scenery in Langkawi is also very beautiful. I have never seen so many stars in my life!

On our second day, we went island hopping by a rented boat. First, we went to Pulau Dayang Bunting (the Virgin Maiden Island). There are lots of monkeys there, so we have to be careful with our plastic bags or they will snatch it from us as they have associated the plastic bags with food. At the heart of the Virgin Maiden Island is a beautiful lake surrounded by hills and trees. The water is so cool and perfect for swimming. You can also hitch a ride on the paddle boat around the lake.

Our second island is Pulau Singa Besar (the Big Lion Island). It is the natural habitat for the Langkawi eagles. It was my first encounter with wild eagles and it was thrilling! Such magnificent birds! Our boatman threw some chicken skins into the water and the eagles flew around above us and one by one they flew down and snatched the chicken skins from the water.

Our last island is Pulau Beras Basah (the Wet Rice Island). We spent almost 3 hours here swimming. The water was so clear and blue and the sand was the whitest I have ever seen. I had so much fun swimming and collecting seashells there.

We went back to the hotel at around 4pm. We were dead tired but also so happy. Around 6 pm, we went to Pekan Kuah and did some shopping. We flew back to Kuala Lumpur on the next day.

Oh, forgot to tell you that it was also my first experience on an airplane. On our flight to Langkawi, I experienced the worst case of air pressure. I felt like my head was going to explode! Thank God, the flight back to KL was okay.

So, that's my story of my trip to Langkawi. I hope one of these days I can go back there and experience the same fun I had.

No comments: