01 January 2006

Welcome, 2006!!

The year 2006 has arrived! Bye bye, 2005!!

Well, what more can I say? Another year has gone by and 19 days from today, I'll be 29! Yikes! Is it true that number means nothing as long as you are happy and you know where you are going? Do you remember the lyrics to the Happy Birthday song by New Kids On The Block? "Age is just a number... don't you stop having fun..." Bah! Age is definitely NOT just a number especially when you are 29 and unmarried!!

I'd rather not explore on that subject or else, I'll end up feeling depressed and insecure...

Let's just talk about the good things.

The good thing is that I have just confirmed with this company that I am accepting their job offer and if things run as planned, I'll be joining this company by February 2006. They have offered me a very generous offer (I'll get a raise and a few allowances which I don't get from my current employer) and I am also hoping that this is going to be my stepping stone to jump up to another level. Yeay!!! So, let's just hope that everything will materialised and runs well.

I also hope that this year will be the beginning of other good things to happen/come to me. One of my wishes is that my boyfriend will spend more time with me and that our relationship will get stronger and deeper. I also hope he will make some effort to get to know me better (he never asked me what my favourite colour is, or my favourite food, movies, books and so on...). It's great to have a boyfriend but at the moment, I am not sure whether he is serious about me. Most of his actions seems to indicate otherwise. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't like to be with me or around me... that's why he doesn't spend much time with me or even have a date with me. We don't even talk as much as a real couple supposed to do. If we are not in love with each other, I don't even think we can pass as friends... more like acquaintences... There are so many things missing in our relationship... he doesn't want to share things with me... or even to trust me... He never told me about his friends or his job... He told me a little bit about his family but not enough to really know them... I would be very honoured and would have so much pleasure to hear him tell me and share with me about his dreams, his anxiety, his hopes... or even his problems at work, or problems with his friends and family... or just an everyday story of what he has been doing that day, who he met, or whether his meeting with a client succeeded... Sadly, I don't even know what are his resolutions for this year. And, as expected, he doesn't ask what mine are. That's why this is at the top of my wish list... To have a REAL relationship.

No comments: