25 March 2013

Ottokae? What to do?

I am at the hospital right now. I missed both appointments with the nephrologist and hepatologist in October 2012 and November 2012 respectively. So I am here right now to fix new appointments and get my supply of medicine.

Well, of course it is my fault for missing the appointments but the nephrologist refuse to give me my medicine stating he/she doesn't want to be responsible if something happens to me because the.medicine is prescribed without checking me. Isn't it equally irresponsible to turn down a patient's request for medicine, especially when the patient personally make that request at the hospital? Anyway, my other choice now is to buy the medicine from a private clinic.

Surprisingly, the hepatologist gives me my medicine supply even though I missed my appointment with her too!

So right now I am waiting for my name to be called at the hospital pharmacy to get my medicine. Of course this is going to be a very long wait. It's normal at the government hospital. Slow, poor service and lack of smile. A sincere smile will brighten a patient's heart who has been subjected to a long wait. Common sense!

No comments: