24 March 2013

Beautiful Wedding

I went to my best friend's youngest brother's wedding yesterday. It was held at a hall in Kem Wardieburn, Jalan Genting Klang, KL. I left my house at around 10.a.m., picked up Aya at her place at Bandar Tasik Permaisuri and we arrived at the hall about half an hour later. It was quite an adventure to get to the wedding hall because both of us had never been to the army camp before. But thanks to Waze, we managed to get there!

The hall was beautifully made up. A red carpet from the main entrance right up to the stage, with tall electric candelabras lining up each side of the red carpet all the way. The wedding stage where the bride and groom sat as the king and queen of the ceremony was decorated in pink and white. At first blush, the decoration looked simple, but at the same time it was elegant and beautiful. The ceremonial dining table was also beautifully decorated in yellow and gold.

Outside the main door, there was a small table for guest to write or post their well wishes and congratulatory messages  to the couple. I think the colourful little lollipops for the guests was a nice touch.

I have to congratulate the person who was in charge of the background music through out the wedding. I heard many of my favourite Malay/Indon love songs during the wedding, e.g Dealova (Once), Sempurna (Andra & the Blackbone), Sedetik Lebih (Anuar Zain), etc. When the bride and groom cut their wedding cake, Endless Love (Lionel Richie and Diana Ross), was their background song. So sweet! And there was a live gamelan music as well, which gave a traditional touch to the wedding.

The groom's family and entourage were all in caramels and browns, except for the parents who wore purple. I particularly like Jan's, Kak Tine's and Kak Eja's dresses. They were so pretty!

The food was lovely. The mango kerabu was the best! And I had my fillings of bingka ubi twice! I haven't had so much food in such a long time. By afternoon, I could feel my dress getting tighter! LOL! And the wedding cake was very pretty. I'm sure it tastes delicious too!

The bride and groom arrived a bit late but it was worth the wait. The couple was such a beautiful sight. They walked in towards their thrones with the groom's 12 nieces and nephews as flower boys and girls. The youngest ones, suprisingly, behaved themselves well! And they all looked very cute in their dresses and baju melayus.

I really had a great time at the wedding and very glad that I brought my camera along to capture the happy moments.

Congratulations, Feroz and Liz!













No comments: