01 January 2010

Single Ladies New Year Day Out!

I had a blast with my bestfriends, Jan, Aya and Laila, today. We went to Pavilion and started our day at RedBox, singing to our hearts' contents. We may be going 33 this year but hey, what has age got to do anything with having fun?

Whilst uploading the pictures of our day out into Facebook, I realised that I've been friends with these 3 fine ladies since 1998. Wow! That was 12 years ago and I am very blessed to have them as my friends and supporters for all these years.

I've got to admit that I've met many people and made new friends along the way but these girls have always held the strongest bond of friendship with me. With them, I can be myself. I can share my happiness and sadness, my fear and strength with them. I think, apart from my family, they are the only people who can accept me the way I am. I know I am not perfect and had sometimes erred in my speech or action. But with them, I know there's always a room for forgiveness.

Of course there were times when we had misunderstandings or quarreled, but we never betrayed each other or manipulated one another. We give and take, we share, tak pernah berkira. I think in those times when one of us got angry to the other, we always thought of the good and bad times that we've been through together and decided that this friendship is too precious to be broken by trivial matters.

As we grew older and lead separate lives, we never forget each other. We may have not contacted one another or meet up that often, but deep in my heart I know I can still count on them for that shoulder to cry on or for that piece of advice or simply for a good time.

These are the people that I want to keep by my side forever and I hope they will stay the way they are. And I hope they feel the same way about me coz I want to stay by their side forever. Thanks for this friendship, girls.

Lean On Me [by Bill Withers]
Sometimes in our lives we all have pain

We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow


Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on


Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you don't let show

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me


So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on


Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on


Lean on me...






No comments: