30 May 2013

New Experience

I went to Carcosa Seri Negara for Skrine's 50th Anniversary celebration. My boss was supposed to go but she told to go on her behalf instead. So after work I drove straight to Carcosa Seri Negara and that was my first time there.

I didn't get to explore the place but there are two mansions there... One is called Seri Negara Mansion, which is on your left from the main entrance, and the other one is called Carcosa Mansion, which is on your right. The event was held at Seri Negara Mansion. 

I got there at around 6.45p.m. and a lot of people was already there. I met Skrine's partners and associates I've always worked with and I also met with an old classmate who is now a senior associate with Skrine. The last time I saw her was probably 8 years ago! It's so good to see that she is doing well.

I was glad there were people I know there, otherwise I would be like a lonely flower there. I am the type of person who is always shy to approach other people first but I am okay once the introduction is done. It was nice to finally see the people whom, before the event, I only liaised with through emails and phone calls. 

The performance was good (the Philharmonic Society of Selangor and some of Skrine's new staff performed for us) and the food was great (I love the char kuey tiow!!!). But my only complain is that the place was freaking hot and we have to stand during the entire event! There are tables and chairs but not enough to accommodate the guests. I left at about 9.00p.m. because my feet just couldn't take it anymore and I was sweating like mad!

But I do had fun!  

No comments: