08 May 2005

Time After Time

Today is Mother's Day!

Mama was so happy when she got her present this morning. She loves the handbag! And she loves the card also!

I am going back to KL this afternoon, hope to reach Bangsar before dark. Tomorrow is another working day. So much to do... suddenly I can see the files piling on my table.

I was a practising lawyer for 2 years. After the change of wind however, I found my life more relax. This new job is interesting! Before this I have to deal with other lawyers as my opponents in court, sparring words... application after application, affidavit after affidavit, letter after letter... Sometimes things got so personal! Now the lawyers are at my mercy. Depending on me to help them deal with the lawsuits and claims against their practice or themselves personally. It's great to see things at a different angle. And the challenge is also a different type of challenge. Satisfaction comes when the claims are settled without much hassle, especially when everybody wins and the lawyers thank me! Hahahah!

But it would be wrong for me to say that this new job is easy. It is definitely not easy! I have to deal with my principals everyday... and the brokers representing the lawyers are so demanding, wanting to know every move I make and every step I take. At least this type of hustle bustle I can deal with... like eating nuts. Hahaha!!

After almost 3 years being in the shoes of a career woman, I find myself metamorphoses into a more mature and more rational person. I can now see my responsibilities and priorities more clearly. I am lucky because now I am still single. I can't imagine how I would cope with my job and my life if I am married and with children. That is why working mothers are miracles! Somehow they manage to put everything into place. My mama said, when you are a mother, every move you make becomes almost instinctive and your desire for survival becomes stronger. Of course... a mother has to survive because the whole family depends on her. Anyone doesn't agree with me?

Meanwhile, I have posted some pictures of me and my family last night. I have also added some new links. I recommend you guys visit the Solosong's website. She certainly has great music there. I especially love the songs from the 80's. She also has Edith Piaf's "La Vie En Rose". Such a beautiful melody! *Sigh*

If you are a Keanu Reeves's fan, check out KeanuWeb. They have great pics of Keanu plus the latest news on his films.

For poetry lovers, I added a special link to EveryPoet wherein they featured new and classic poets written by well known and celebrity poets. Honestly, I don't know a thing about poetry, but I love reading them when I have the time. I don't have any poems collection but the ones I have read are from this cool website. Go there!

I am currently browsing the net to find other interesting websites to share with you. So far, these 3 are my favourites.

Okay, the song I want to share with you today is "If Tomorrow Never Comes", originally by Garth Brooks. You have probably heard the cover version by Ronan Keating. But my favourite version is the one sang by this R&B group, Joose (or is it Jooce? I can't remember). I don't think Joose still exists tho'.

Sometimes late at night
I lie awake and watch her sleeping
She's lost in peaceful dreams
So i turn out the lights and lay there in the dark
And the thought crosses my mind
If i never wake up in the morning
Would she ever doubt the way i feel
About her in my heart
(chorus)
If tomorrow never comes
Will she know how much i loved her
Did i try in every way to show her every day
That she's my only one
And if my time on earth were through
And she must face the world without me
Is the love i gave her in the past
Gonna be enough to last
If tomorrow never comes
'Cause i've lost loved ones in my life
Who never knew how much i loved them
Now i live with the regret
That my true feelings for them never were revealed
So i made a promise to myself
To say each day how much she means to me
And avoid that circumstance
Where there's no second chance to tell her how i feel
*chorus*
So tell that someone that you love
Just what you're thinking of
If tomorrow never comes

Such a beautiful song... the words really touch my heart. I agree that it would be a great regret if we forget to remind someone we care how much we love him/her. Actually, the simple words "I love you" could land a great effect on the one who hears them. So, don't take the meaning of "I love you" for granted. Say it only when you mean it.

1 comment:

Miss J said...

It's been awhile since the last time i heard this song... love it so much!!! thanks for reminding... hmmm mana nak cari cd ni....