07 May 2005

Mother's Day

Tomorrow would be the Mother's Day.

I went to the store with my sister to buy something nice for mama. After browsing around, we finally found the perfect gift for her. A cute black handbag with wooden handle and a big daisy print at the front. I'm sure mama would love it! I also bought a pair of strap-buckled shoes for my other sister. Her birthday was on 30th April... this year will be her 25th year of life. She can't be with us this week 'cause she has to do some preparations for her short course next week. I hope she'll get a boyfriend this year. Hehehe...

How's your relationship with your mum?

My mama is a working mother. She will be 51 years old this year and she still looks like she's 40. Even though she's working, she never failed to cook for us and take care of us. She's more than a mother... she's also a friend. Somehow, she always find the time to listen to our stories, our complaints, our whinings. If someone ask me how I regard my mama, I would say that mama is our angel, our rock to hold on to. Yes, she may have scolded us sometimes and mad at us sometimes, but we always know that all her actions are her reactions to her love for us.

You taught me everything
And everything you've given me
I always keep it inside
You're the driving force in my life, yeah
There isn't anything
Or anyone i can be
And it just wouldn't feel right
If i didn't have you by my side
You were there for me to love and care for me
When skies were grey
Whenever i was down
You were always there to comfort me
And no one else can be what you have been to me
You'll always be you always will be the girl
In my life for all times
Mama, mama you know i love you
Oh you know i love you
Mama, mama you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like
Tears from the stars
Mama, i just want you to know
Lovin' you is like food to my soul
You're always down for me
Have always been around for me even when i was bad
You showed me right from my wrong
Yes you did
And you took up for me
When everyone was downin' me
You always did understand
You gave me strength to go on
There was so many times
Looking back when i was so afraid
And then you come to me
And say to me i can face anything
And no one else can do
What you have done for me
You'll always be
You will always be the girl in my life
Never gonna go a day without you
Fills me up just thinking about you
I'll never go a day without my mama

That's a "Song For Mama", written by Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and performed by Boyz II Men... one of my favourite songs. Other songs which I think can suitably be dedicated to our mamas are "Because You Loved Me" (Celine Dion) and "I Turn To You" (Christina Aguillera). Both are also my favorite songs.

Well, can't wait to see mama's reaction when she receive her gift tomorrow!

No comments: