07 May 2005

Hometown Blues

I am back to my hometown after 3 months of starting my new career in KL, the big city. Of course my parents are happy to see their firstborn. My mom was saying, "You look healthy! You sure eat a lot in KL." Bummer! My younger brother and sister are also at home.


Actually, there is nothing "blues" about coming back to my hometown. It's just that, yesterday I went bowling with my officemates and "Still Got The Blues" by Gary Moore was playing in the air. I haven't heard that song for years!! It was one of my favourite songs when I was 13.


Used to be so easy to give my heart away
But I found out the hard way
There's a price you have to pay
I found out that love was no friend of mine
I should have known time
after time


So long, it was so long ago
But I've still got the blues for you


Used to be so easy to fall in love again
But I found out the hard way
It's a road that leads to pain
I found that love was more than just a game
You're playin' to win
But you lose just the same


So long, it was so long ago
But I've still got the blues for you


So many years since I've seen your face
Here in my heart, there's an empty space
Where you used to be


So long, it was so long ago
But I've still got the blues for you
Though the days come and go
There is one thing I know
I've still got the blues for you.


Reading through the lyrics, one can't help but think how love can be so cruel. Even the memories of a crushed love can make your heart hurting and bleeding like it happened only yesterday. Especially when your are reminscing the whole thing at the time when you are lonely and you are feeling the whole world is against you.


I had bad experience with love myself.


It happened last year. I don't want to do a story telling here but to cut the long story short, we broke off because he was a selfish two-timer and professional liar. He got married after 3 months we broke off. I was beyond devastated at first. But with the help of my friends, I got through the mess feeling stronger.


Honestly, I am truly over him. I already got me a new boyfriend. But there are times when I suddenly remember about my undeserving ex and can't help but think about the "what ifs" and "what nots". I am not talking about the possibility of going back to him since he is already married and he is such a bastard anyway... My point is, I still bear this anger and frustration over the break off which I have never the opportunity to tell him or confront him. I so love to spat to his face or break his arm. Clearly, I am still not in the forgiving mood.


Hahaha! I sound like a mad for revenge bitch! Actually, I am not. Like I said, it was a thinking I sometime had when I was lonely. Not that I always thought about my ex! Puhleaseeee!! I have lots of more important things to think about. But sometimes revenge can be so sweet.


Well, that's my kinda blues... Not really like Gary Moore's kinda "blues"... Hehehe!


Why don't you share your blues with me ?

1 comment:

Miss J said...

you are better off without him!..if u need help breaking his arm, let me know... i can help you break his leg as well...

love ya!