29 December 2009

Where Have I Been?

I've just realised that I have never visited my own blog page since February 2006! That was almost 4 years ago! And where the hell have I been?

Actually, I'm still around. I'm still writing and blogging. But I kept updating my Friendster blog instead of this Blogger blog. So, here I am now... on this page after a long absence. Many things had happened to me during my long silence but I'm not going to narrate each and every thing that has occured in my life. But if you are interested, I am still single. Yups.... that's the truth.

Anyway, I am writing today with no particular thing in mind. I've just got back from Maju Junction. I bought a new baju kurung to wear on my cousin's wedding this weekend. I hope I get the colour right because the theme colour for my cousin's wedding is copper. I know he's my cousin and I really respect his choices but, hello! Copper??? I don't know what other people think but to me copper is definitely not the type of colour that could suit every skin tone created by God. In any event, thank God we are allowed to wear any colour as long as it is the same shade, or bak kata Ayu "ala2 senada", as copper.

Back to the new baju kurung, it just shows how last minute I am. Luckily you can get ready made baju kurung almost anywhere now, but the problem with ready made dresses is the fitting. The problem is even more with the traditional costumes like baju kurung, kebaya, etc. Sometimes I got the right fit but the sleeves were too long, or sometimes the dress was my size but the chest area was somehow not fitting, or the skirt was too long. Many times I have to go to the tailor and paid a few extra RM for the alterations. But today at Maju Junction, luck was on my side. I managed to get a very nice baju kurung with lace patches and beads and the dress fits me very nicely. End of my headache of last minute baju kurung hunt!

Tomorrow after work I will join my colleagues for karaoke. We've planned this event as a farewell party for one of the staff who is leaving Echelon. And this afternoon, in a one line email, he told me that's he is not going to attend his own farewell party tomorrow. I told him that I don't know why we even bother to organise this for him. I thought I was the only one in the office who noticed that he has become such a sore loser since he tendered his resignation almost a month ago. The others noticed that as well. Oh well! It's his loss if he doesn't want to join. I thought we should create some sweet memories before he leave the company so that he will leave in good terms. Unfortunately, it appears that he doesn't think that way. In any event, the party will definitely go on. Heck no I'm not gonna cancel the karaoke room reservation!

That's all for tonite. I'll write again soon.

No comments: